Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Picture

When the surgeon showed me I could tell it was cancer with no need for any training at all. A boiling mass of red and pink cells with no structure fills almost the whole esophagus. The red and pink look angry, vile, even evil. It is out to get me.

Peter says (1Pet5:8) sin is like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. If this is a lion, it is sure an ugly and grotesque one. I am not afraid of him. Someone bigger and tougher is on my side! Whatever happens, I will be victorious because He is. I will trust Him with whatever He decides.

No new medical news, just had to get that stupid picture off my chest!

Thanks guys...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Creepy, Dad! I hate to think that it's been invading you quietly for who knows how long. But you are doing great and your calm trust in the Lord is a great comfort to me and who knows how many others. I love you!