Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chemo's A Pain

Well, it wasn't as bad as it could have been but it wasn't as good as it could have been either. It took about 3 hours of sitting and waiting for the poison (I know they call it medicine, but we all know it is just a very specific poison) to drip through the IV. The one that takes about 3 hours can cause some serious side effects: by the time it was done, my arm and hand where it went in was aching and tingling. It is 6 hours now and much of the pain is gone. I also have a strange reaction to cold: just putting my hand in cold water coming out of the tap makes it feel like I have pins and needles sticking in me. Trying to drink cold water causes the same reaction in my mouth. It is a shock the first time--and you don't do it again. The literature says this will wear off in 5 days or so.

On the other hand: NO NAUSEA! That was really great (at least so far). I can handle pain a lot better than nausea. An answer to prayer maybe?

Thanks to all you people for that!

We love you all,
Chuck and Penny

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just what I've been saying over and over - poison. I hate to think of that inside you. But very thankful that you're taking it so well. We love you.

Donna W said...

Hi Chuck (and family). So glad the poison has not made you sick. I love reading your biblical references and know that His word is buried deep in your heart. What a blessing! I hope you can go out on the porch this evening and feel a wonderful breeze on your face. We read of how God moves in/with the wind. Feel His promise of strong, never ending love. New Creations, my CSPC class is praying for the family. And we miss you at work!!