Friday, June 6, 2008

People

I am continually amazed and delighted at how nice people are. Got a call from an old friend earlier today and he wanted to know everything and especially how I am spiritually. He says I am doing great along that line, but how can I not?

Every time I turn around God reminds me how He has been preparing me for this, and going before me. We emailed a nurse friend who, it so happens works in oncology, she was praying that I get a really good oncologist--she thought one of those she works with was one of the best. Know how the nurse comes to the waiting room to call you to see the doctor? Well, the next morning when we went to the Dr. , the nurse who came out and called me was her. And the oncologist was the one she wanted me to have. And then he was very good about calling my family doctor, a good friend, and talking over the treatment with him; and the friend thought the oncologist was very good. So there you go--the oncologist was vetted by three friends in a matter of a day.

Our medical cost sharing program has already been a blessing. I called to get the packet of materials I will need to collect the bills and submit them and the people who answered were just as interested in my spiritual health as my physical. Great people.

As for medical stuff: We will be starting a course of treatment with 2 types of IVs next Tuesday. There are also some pills I have to take. I had some kind of heart test yesterday, so when we take the chemo they can check again and see that it does not hurt my heart.

Thanks again to all who have sent cards, flowers, books, etc.

1 comment:

Steve and Wanda said...

Chuck and Penny,
We are praying for you. We trust God wil be your strength and He will guide you each day.
Love, Steve and Wanda