Thursday, June 12, 2008

Chemo's A Pain Cont'd

I should not have crowed about it so soon. I didn't drink enough liquids yesterday and ended up very dehydrated by evening. Temp went up and felt lousy, and ended up with an unneeded trip to the emergency room. All the fault of my just not feeling like drinking and not doing it. I promise to follow Dr. directions in the future. I spent an inordinate amount of time napping today to make up for staying up half the night.

My son and his wife just left for home yesterday afternoon after finishing some work in our utility room that I started but couldn't finish since getting sick. They put up some molding, and assembled and hung wall cabinets so all the 'stuff' sitting all over the house can be put away where it belongs. We were so happy they could visit and spend time with us, and all that work was just 'icing on the cake'.

The Lord has upheld us with His powerful right hand.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I'm continuing to pray, Chuck. Thank you for keeping this blog so that we can know specifically how to pray for you.

Unknown said...

Chuck, we continue to pray for your healing during your treatments. You are in His hands as you have been. When I was healing from my knee surgery, you and Penny sent me Malachi 4:2 which lifted my spirit and so I share it with you. "But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall."
I look forward to your release!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and for your family. Hang in there!