Monday, June 9, 2008

Medicine

Just an update on what kind of medicine I will be taking. There are 3 chemotherapy drugs: Xeloda, a pill to be taken daily; and 2 IV induced drugs, Oxaliplatin and Epirubicin. The nurse says I've been given an aggressive schedule since I really look healthy (presumably that will never do for someone with cancer). The side effects are all the ones you hear about, hair falling out, not that that is a problem, and nausea; plus there is one drug that sometimes causes extreme reaction to cold. Please pray for me to have minimal reactions so I can get through the treatment ok.

Thanks,
Chuck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you tomorrow, Chuck! Thanks for keeping us posted and let us know specific prayer requests. Love, Steve and Wanda

JohnAsInB said...

I think that this blog is a great idea. It keeps you consistently before us and directs our prayers. I could tell you what we have been praying, but that would ruin the card we sent in the mail.

John