Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Zap II

Got my second chemo IV this morning and it went better than the first one. My arm does not hurt like the first time and so far no nausea. For those who have been through this a lot, I may seem to be going over minutia but it is all new to me. The cold sensitivity is back which I proved by trying to wash my hands a little while ago. Some other strange sensitivity to strong muscle contractions occurs in my face. All this is the same and went away the other time in a week to 10 days.

I have had a bit of dizziness since Friday which is kind of inconvenient. It is not enough to stop me from doing things, just gives me a start when I move my head quickly. I have cut back on my pain meds and that seems to have helped some. We will wait some more then try cutting the pain med completely for awhile and see if the dizziness goes away.

A friend from Sunday School came by to visit while I was getting my chemo. What a nice touch. As we got better acquainted we found we had a lot in common including the Air Force prior to college and similar career choices. It gave me a welcome time to talk rather than just read or nap as most in the cancer center were doing.

Found out on Sunday that I am losing my hair after all. It comes out in bunches when I shampoo. Probably will get a buzz soon so it is not all over bedding, etc. Moustache and body hair is intact so far.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

No comments: