Thursday, July 17, 2008

What's Happening

Not sure the last post was all that clear on the Medical front so here it is again: When I went in the hospital I had moderate to severe abdominal pain and swallowing was often painful. Now, after two chemo treatments, I have very little abdominal pain and no trouble swallowing at all. I am off of anti-nausea and narcotic pain meds (but suffering a little withdrawal symptoms). I do use a naproxen (Aleve) once in awhile for pain but it is almost unneeded. The Dr. thought that all sounded very good.

The schedule for further treatments is: Jul 22 chemo, Aug 8 PET scan to see progress, Aug 12 Dr. consultation to get prognosis, Aug 12 Chemo, plus 2 more Chemo treatments at 3 week intervals. This schedule is the best case scenario, and all depends on what the PET scan shows.

Home front: My son and his wife came over from Greensboro Mon/Tues and worked on my utility room project we had started then not been able to finish since I got sick. They had already hung cabinets, and this time they put in a new floor and the trim. There is only a utility sink to set and it will be done. It looks great, and we are so thankful for their help.

Personal: My habit is to spend some time in the Bible, prayer, and meditation with hymns each morning. Often this leads to an entry in my journal and this morning I reviewed some of my past entries. The last entry before I got sick was on Psalm 25:14 "The Lord confides in those who fear Him." And I wrote: "He will tell me His plan for me." I guess He has, and is continuing to tell me. I don't yet know how it will all work out, but I am trusting Him because His plans are perfect.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: