Saturday, July 5, 2008

Progress

Thought I'd best let you all know how I am doing since it has been a few days since the Zap.

It leaves me really wiped out for a few days, and I slowly get better, especially in the afternoons. (With time for an afternoon nap.)

I have been reading the Psalms the last few days, leaving off with Psalm 24 this morning. It is neat how much I can identify with David--he was feeling as though he was totally lost on his own and threw himself on the Lord for safety. Most of those Psalms end by showing how safe he felt based on the Lord's care. I am in somewhat the same situation: without Him I would be feeling lost and with Him I feel perfectly safe. No matter what happens with the cancer, my future is decided by what God has determined is best.

Got a card today with James Brown yelling/singing out "I feel fine!!!!" from an embedded circuit. Shocked me into a good laugh and I must admit 'I feel fine' right at the moment. Penny just brought in a bouquet from a neighbor too. I do feel loved.

The lack of any many interesting things to do, and I really can't get out to do them if available, is leading to a certain amount of boredom. I am reading a good book called "Three Cups of Tea" that I recommend and have several more when that's done, but there is only so much reading and dozing and solitaire you can do. I am going to make a concerted effort to get more exercise so I have enough energy to get outside more. It is pouring rain right now, but it would be nice to get out and piddle around the garage and do some minor fixing. So that is my goal for next week.

Thanks again for all your prayers.

No comments: