Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What Now?

I would expect that most people have stopped looking at this blog by now, since I have gotten so lax in updating it. In a way, that is a good thing. My health has improved so much, there just doesn't seem to be much to say anymore. At least up 'til yesterday. I went in for my chemo and when they did the blood test my white cell count was too low. They put it off for a week to give my body more time to recover. Once the white cell count is back up we will go ahead as before. The only thing I have to do differently is to be careful of bacteria for a few days.

I told the Dr. he was really screwing up my schedule, but he claimed that screwing up schedules was his specialty. The chemo effect on my body apparently builds up over time and this kind of thing is not really unexpected--or at least it was not unexpected to the Dr. I will make sure to post next week when we find out whether we have the chemo treatment.

Although this looks like it is messing up my schedule, the Lord has the schedule all planned out so we are not really concerned. Penny and I constantly marvel at how the Lord has carried us through this trial so far. We have been upheld in prayer from friends, relatives and Samaritan Ministries partners from all over the country, and many have written with uplifting cards and letters. We have had wonderful care from doctors and nurses. I have had minimal bad effects from the chemo and it has worked to reduce the cancer and get me feeling better. I wonder if continued chemo treatments could keep the cancer at bay for years. Our medical bills have all been taken care of. Although we have been in a trial, we have felt so close to the Lord that we are not emotionally downcast, in fact we have felt closer to the Lord and each other than at any time in our marriage. How much more could He do? Ah, I suppose we could see complete healing, but even if that is not His will we have been geatly blessed at going through this experience. We have truly been blessed to have you along with us on this journey. Thanks for your prayers and love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We check your blog most every day and are so happy that all is going well. We will continue to lift you and Penny up in prayer and know God will sustain you.

Love in Him,
Steve and Wanda